24 January 2011

Take It Away............

Today my daughter's feelings were hurt.  Her dog came up missing and she thought she would never see him again......She cried and I cried because she cried.  I hurt because she hurt.  I really didn't miss the dog (seriously he wears me out, lol) but I was glad he was brought back safe and sound ONLY because I knew it would make her feel better.
The anger and pain in my heart I think was making me "physically" sick.  It was more of a heartbreak than any I've had in a relationship.  When he returned, I was so relieved and my heart was full because my baby was happy.
I think about all of the times I cried on my Mama's shoulder.  All the times I ran to her and put my head in her lap.  Be it because of a fight at elementary school.  A break up with a high school boyfriend or friendship. A fight with my husband or the kids.  I now know how I was making her feel and I feel bad about that.
I now think there were some cries I could have kept to myself.  Some hurt she didn't have to know about.  If I could take it back I would leave out the things that just really didn't matter and not bother her with them.  But, I'm sure if she were here she would say, "You need to just go on and tell me."  I can remember the look she would get when I would tell her something that was hurting me or I would cry to her.  It was a pained look.  I'm sure the same look I had today while I was hugging my youngest about her dog or when my oldest's jaw was broken in 3 places by a thug or when my middle baby didn't get the MVP trophy at her sports banquet.........
Just like I wanted to take away their pain, I'm sure my Mama wanted to take mine away.  I know she would be able to take this pain away if she were here, because this pain is here because she's not................

I thank and appreciate all who will read. Peace.

2 comments:

  1. You were my biggest support during that time... and still are whenever I think about it and wanna cry... (even right now lol) <3 thank u

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Sweetie. You never have to thank me for doing what your mother is supposed to do. Let go of that hurt, don't let it make you cry, it has made you strong. <3 you

    ReplyDelete