21 January 2011

Love's in need of Love......



"Hate's goin' 'round.  Breakin' many hearts.  Stop it please.  Before it's gone too far............"


I never like to sleep with the television on. Mainly because of the dreams I have when it is on. My dreams are bad enough without some infomercial, movie or news story adding fuel to the fire. Now the only time the television is on when I'm asleep is when I've forgotten or fell asleep before cutting it off.
This morning, I wish I hadn't fallen asleep with it on.....What I heard in my sleep felt like a horrible dream. I immediately opened my eyes.
What I saw on the news was a woman walking through the street crying and yelling. The headline at the bottom of the screen was blurry, but I thought I saw the word "Gary" so I immediately grabbed my glasses off the nightstand....Before I could put them on, I heard the reporter say that three men were found dead in a drug house on 38th and Washington St. Here in my city.....
My heart sank...as it does when I hear these stories about any city, any family, anywhere.....My next thought was, I know someone I know is going to be affected by this. My city is not small, but it seems like there is six degrees of separation between everyone who lives here or has lived here. I feel for my true friends just like, if not more than my family. To clean that statement up, I should explain that some of my "family" members have put me through things my worst enemy couldn't put me through all because of money. Money that they were not entitled to and money they knew full well they had no right to.
Of course later on during the course of this day I found I was right. A few of my friends were affected directly and indirectly and are hurting. I know their pain all to well, because it's becoming all to common.
Even with the despicable things that my family did to me and my Mama for the love of money after my Aunt Thomasina left. Even with the hateful things they said and tried to do to me AGAIN for their love of money after my Mama left me...My heart doesn't have the capacity to have as much hate in it for these family members as it seems that some people have for people they really don't even know. 
Let me make it clear, I have NO LOVE for them and I would not offer them a glass of water in the desert...But, at the same time, there would NEVER be anything in me that could do or even wish the kind of horror that happened last night to them.  This horror that a 4 YEAR OLD baby had to witness....
I've often heard that you're not "supposed" to question God....Well, sometimes I just don't listen.  So, I'm asking, WHY?  What could have that 4 year-old ever could have done in his/her (I don't even know which) young life that would have ever put that child in this situation?  I can only pray that the baby is too young for the trauma to have a lasting effect.
Why would God allow (yes, I think He allowed it) something like this to happen?  Why has he allowed people to be so ruled by money?  If we are supposed to be living by the laws he created in the Bible....Why do we even have money?  Why do we have to PAY for everything?  I haven't read any of this civilization structure in the Bible.  Maybe I read it wrong. *kanye shrug*
I wonder why He allows so much suffering.  Yes, the men who were murdered may not have been living a "righteous" life.  Maybe they were "sinners"....WHO'S NOT?  What about their families?  They are the one's being left here to suffer.  Their parents, wives/lovers, sisters/brothers & the children....Why the children?  That takes me right back to the little 4 year-old......
Just WHY?.........................................

I thank and appreciate all who will read.  This is simply my opinion, any offense is not intended and I understand if this is your last read.  Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment