05 November 2010

The Sign..........

This is what I saw the morning of November 5, 2009 leaving her house to go to the hospital again.  A lily in FULL BLOOM in November!  I looked at the same lilies this morning, nothing.
 I'm not particularly a superstitious person, but I do sort of believe in signs.  That day I  mistook this for a sign that she was getting better.  Mainly because it wasn't the first sign.  I spoke about the sign that the ICU charge nurse's name was Thomasina (my aunt's name and not a common one...especially for Caucasians).  Then another sign was she had a PM nurse named Ann.  This was the best sign to me.  As cold as it was, one of her lilies had bloomed.
If I hadn't been so one-sided in my thinking, I may have considered that this was God's way of telling me 3 TIMES that I needed to tell her goodbye, but I COULDN'T.  I held on to every hope and dream that would leave her here with me.  Then I even thought, if she has to go I want to go with her.  That was the most selfish of my thoughts.  Selfish because then my children/her children would suffer more.
I don't know if I still believe in signs, good or bad.  I felt so let down after this sign "failed" me.  But, I do know I believe in ME and I believe in the LOVE she had for me and that's the only "sign" I need.
I thank and appreciate all who will read.  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment