21 November 2010

FINALLY....One good day

Today was the day.  Sleep still didn't come in the night. But, I didn't drag in the morning.  I had to be somewhere to help someone/someones other than myself.  I didn't really HAVE to go, there were plenty of people to help.  But, I NEEDED to go.  I needed to help someone else who was going through a hard time.  Yes, circumstances are different....they may not have lost a MAJOR part of their family/love/life/existence...but, they still don't HAVE...I have, I can afford to buy myself a turkey. But, I won't. I can buy all the fixings and ingredients, but I decline that as well.
I can not tell you the last time I had one COMPLETELY GOOD DAY...Oh, I've FAKED a lot of them for the sake of my babies, but there was ALWAYS some part of the day when the tears flowed, my stomach ached, and my head hurt.  I laugh & joke & make smart ass comments, but in the blink of an eye I can remember something and die all over again inside. :(
Today, as I helped pass out food to needy people in project housing I felt GOOD!!! I even felt better that my 15 year old daughter was right out there with me GIVING AND ENJOYING GIVING.  I've also had an opportunity to reconnect with people.  People who have played significant roles in my persona.  People who taught ME how to be ME.
That may sound weird that someone else taught me how to be me.  But if you think about it, every learning experience you may have will foster your development into the person you will eventually become.  If you're not "learning", you're not "living".  Even and especially the trials you go through can become a message in maturity.  I so enjoyed giving back to the community today...I can't wait to do it again.
I thank and appreciate all who will read. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment