19 November 2010

Erykah Badu - Out Of My Mind Just In Time


"I'm a recovering undercover over-lover. Recovering from a love I can't get over....." I listen to this song almost EVERYDAY....I LOVE Erykah Badu, she's a Pisces, like me. She was in love with Andre Benjamin, like me, lol. She seems to adore her children, like me (she even has 2 girls and a boy like me)...Her spirit speaks to me through her song. All the different songs she has speak to me in different ways.
When I first heard this track I was mesmerized by the first bars. She sounds like Dinah Washington to me (another singer I love). But, also because of the WORDS she put together. "I'm a recovering undercover over-lover"...That's DEFINITELY where I am....I am an "over-lover" and that's okay. SOMETIMES!
I "over-love" my children and that is DEFINITELY okay. They need to know that I would move HEAVEN AND EARTH for them. If they're ever at a point when they feel no one loves them (we all get there sometimes), they can ALWAYS say, "My Ma loves me!"....and I can say that as well about my Mama. Like I've said before, just because she isn't "physically" here with me (oh, how I wish she was) her LOVE is and I STILL FEEL IT. :)
In other instances when I "over-love" it is only to the recipient of that love's advantage. I've noticed that more and more lately. I have people in my life that I don't tell things to not because I don't want them to know, but because it seems to always be about them when I speak. I can say I'm having this problem and then I'll hear, "I know what you mean cuz I had...blah, blah, blah". Now, I would tell my children that someone like that is NOT their friend, but I don't feel that way myself. I think that they just don't know HOW not to make everything about them. And instead of saying, "Ummm, would you SHUT UP and listen to what I'm trying to tell you?!?!" I just shut down and don't let my feelings out. That is another "only child thing". :)
I realized just recently that I am giving TOO MUCH of me right now and NOT receiving enough in return. THAT IS SOOOOO ABOUT TO CHANGE!!! Stay tuned.....
I thank and appreciate all who will read. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment