16 November 2010

Emerald Studs....

I briefly mentioned my emerald stud earrings yesterday when speaking of my trip to the cemetery.  I wanted to come back and talk about the change in myself I noticed when I couldn't find them that morning.....
Having lost two such classy and fashionable ladies in my life, my Aunt Tommie first and then my Mama, left me with quite a bit of things (housewares, clothing, jewelry etc.) The one thing neither of them had was emerald earrings.  I wanted some really bad because they were my Mama's birthstone and I wanted to wear something every day that reminded me of her.  The initial plan was to get two more piercing to accommodate them, but I've been chicken so far. lol
I had taken them out one day to wear some hoops or something and put them in one of my 3 jewelry boxes.  When I went to look for them in the jewelry boxes in the closet, I couldn't find them.  I didn't panic.  I then checked the jewelry box in my bathroom.  I found one.  I went through all the studs in that drawer because I just knew if one was there the other had to be too.  But, I didn't find it.....I said to myself, "oh well".   I figured I'd just put the one stud in the second hole in my right ear and wear my silver hoops....Then I began trying to take the diamond stud that was in my second hole off...It wouldn't UNSCREW!!! I kept trying and trying then I started to pull it (knowing the reason I got screwbacks was so they didn't come off easily).
If you know anything about me, you'll know at times I can become REALLY impatient....ESPECIALLY when I feel that things aren't going my way (that only child thing).  The funny thing about this day was I had already planned the day before (maybe days before) what I was going to wear when I went to "see" Mama...even down to the earrings.  So "normally" I would've been THROWING A FIT when I couldn't find that one stud...But, I didn't...Then I would've thrown another fit when I couldn't get my earring unscrewed...But, I didn't.
As I was standing in my closet with my hand on my hip trying to figure out my next move, something told me to go BACK into the bathroom and look in the other drawers of my jewelry box....Well, lo and behold, as soon as I opened the 2nd drawer...THERE WAS THE 2ND EMERALD STUD. :)
I just looked toward the sky and said, "Thanks Ma." <3.  Still looking out for her baby :).
I thank and appreciate all who will read. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment