15 November 2010

"The Rosebuds Know to Bloom in Early May."


"As around the Sun the Earth knows she's revolving....and the rosebuds know to bloom in early May..." I had planned to dance with my Mama at my wedding to this song. I got married in 2002, my Daddy was in a nursing home so there was no "father/daughter" dance so I asked the DJ to play "As" for my dance with my Mama.....Well, that day got so crazy and hectic we BARELY got the couple's first dance out of the way and somehow or another it slipped my mind to do it. :(
I look back and wish we had done that dance. Whenever I hear this song I think about her. Silly right? Other people think about their Moms when they hear "Sadie", "A Song for Mama" or even "Dear Mama". But each verse in this song reminds me of the LOVE my Mama and I HAVE. I say have because it is still with me. It will never leave! ALWAYS!!!
Today, my friend Arletta came to pick me up to take me with her to the cemetery that both our moms are in. I had not been there since November 12, 2009 when we laid her to rest. I kind of didn't want to go back. I have always been the one to say that I don't want to go to the cemetery every Memorial Day and clean off plots. I found out today the grounds keepers do that anyway if you give them notice that you want it done. I was nervous and anxious the entire morning. Even as I ran errands before Arletta got to my house. I decided I would wear her favorite color (Green) and my emerald studs (her birthstone)....at her funeral I wore my green sweater dress that she thought was so "cute" (she smiled at me so nice the first time she saw me wear it)...None of us wore black, she wouldn't have liked that.
I saw the plot. Still looking as if they had just laid the dirt over it. There were a few weeds and rocks and trash on it. The "neat freak" in me immediately went to take the trash off. One of the rocks sitting on the dirt was BRIGHT white. I picked that up and put it in my pocket. I'll keep it, just because I want to. I cried and cried because I want her SO MUCH....again with my selfishness. That's all I have for now.
I thank and appreciate all who will read. Peace.

2 comments:

  1. That was beautiful!I know your mother,as sweet as she was, is so proud of you! I know I am! I can only imagine what it feels like to know you have your own personal ANGEL watching over you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe this comment makes me cry still after all these years. Thank you so much! I love you! :*

      Delete