09 November 2011

What Are We Gonna Do???


This past two weeks have been liberating, solemn and eye-opening to say the least for me.  Culminating with the tragic news of the departure from this life by a true trailblazer of Hip Hop, Heavy D.  I remember meeting him in person when I lived in Milwaukee at Summerfest (an annual Summer concert series).  He shook my hand with both of his and looked me right in the eye when he said, "Very nice to meet you cutie."  I'm sure he said that a thousand other times to a thousand other people and I'm sure each one felt it was as genuine as I did.  I'm sure he will be sorely missed by those who knew him personally.  I did not know him at all and am deeply saddened.
Of course my emotional roller coaster started with the "anniversary" of the days leading up to the day my Mama left me.  Unfortunately, outside obstructions had caused my life to be in dis-array and out of sorts for the past few months.  I am working and have worked to put everything in order....I'm just about there.  
I'm loving the way everything is coming together.  It seems as if spending the entire day Saturday (the date my Mama left) in bed sulking was a re-birth for me.  It seems as if I closed my eyes that night and when I opened them I could see again.
I have no desire to look back at or dwell on anything in the past.  That is counter-productive to where I'm going and what I'm getting.  No hate, no animosity, no fear.....Just upward, forward and onward is what I'm "gonna" do....I have people that have been and will be in my life for the right reasons.  I've let go and will let God deal with those who were there for the wrong reasons.  Ok, ok....I will admit.  I kind of helped Him a little.  But hey, I'm human....and it was SOOOOO necessary and kind of funny. *kanye shrug*
But, I've shaken it off and aside from the necessary "paperwork".  I don't have to address any of that foolishness anymore....
Looking/realizing the age Dwight E. Myers (Heavy D.) was....He was only a little less than a year older than me.  My thoughts about what I haven't yet done overwhelmed me.  I am really focused now on what I want for me and my children in the years to come.  Knowing that tomorrow is not promised to any of us, I'm focused on doing for them AND me, the things I know we want to/need to do......Now I know what "we are" gonna do.....What are YOU gonna do??? #don'tworryI'llwait ;-)

I thank and appreciate all who will read. (Even the stalkers, lol) Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment